Recovery Café is an evidence-based model of care that is proven effective for healing all forms of addiction and trauma. Recovery Café has developed an evidence-based Recovery Oriented System of Care (ROSC) model for healing addiction and trauma for many people. Since 2004 when the model was developed, it has proven highly effective in helping people find long-term recovery from addiction and trauma. Recovery Café Model utilizes a Trauma-Informed Approach to providing recovery support. For more information contact Deacon Dennis Paschke at [email protected].
International Outreach is a ministry that seeks to assist missions in poor countries by providing them with necessary supplies to meet the needs of their communities. For more information contact Deacon Peter Klemens at [email protected].
In service to the PWC community and to the pastors, the deacons of PWC, through their gifts and talents, assist the pastors in allowing members to experience Jesus Christ through ministries and activities at PWC. For more information on the deacon ministry at PWC, please contact Deacon Chuck Monroe at [email protected].
The PWC Men’s Group
The Praise and Worship Center’s Men’s Group is dedicated to reaching and building men to be positive, Christian influences within their families, work, church, neighborhood, and world. The Men’s Group is a Christ-centered environment for men to be open and honest about life’s circumstances. The Men’s Group meets on the first and third Saturday of each month at 9:00 am. Please see the Events page for the schedule of upcoming meetings. For more information, contact Deacon Peter Palmer at [email protected].
The vision of Women’s Ministry is to love one another as Christ has loved us – and to provide a welcoming environment where women can support, affirm and encourage each other toward spiritual growth by:
- Developing authentic, caring relationships with other women
- Supporting the spiritual and physical needs of each other
- Cultivating each woman’s gifts, interests and talents
- And sometimes, just getting away and having fun!
We realize this through connecting, growing and serving together. Women’s Ministry meets on the first and third Saturday of each month at 9:00 am – 10:30 am in Building 4:12. Check out the Events page for more details about upcoming gatherings. For information contact Deacon Carol Palmer: [email protected]
At Praise and Worship, we strive to provide a loving environment where everyone is accepted, and one of the ways we do that is through our Hospitality Ministry. Hospitality Ministry provides a welcoming environment for all PWC events, from greeting people at the door to feeding them delicious doughnuts and treats after a service. For more information, contact Jan Nicpon at [email protected].
Welcome & Membership Committee
It is in the spirit of hospitality that the Welcome & Membership ministry was created. Our focus is on welcoming new visitors to Praise & Worship and providing member resources to our community. For more information, contact Deacon Cheryl Armstrong at [email protected]
The goal of the Funeral Ministry at PWC is to provide comfort and hospitality to family, friends, and guests attending funerals and memorial services. Volunteers provide greeting of guests, including guest book signing and service programs, food product and/or serving, and general direction, as needed. Bread and wine are provided for the Communion portion of the service. Every effort is made to ensure a welcoming and respectful experience. We also provide food for funeral receptions at no cost. For more information, contact Deacon Fred Pratt at [email protected]
Meeting the clerical needs at PWC is an important aspect of assisting ministries in running smoothly and effectively. Opportunities such as photocopying, collating, stapling, special projects and welcoming others to the office are responsibilities available. For more information, contact Tami Heinl at [email protected].
Cross Shop Ministry
Ministering in the Cross Shop, PWC’s gift store, gives one the occasion to perform different tasks including: assisting with sales, restocking shelves, redecorating, dusting, accepting new merchandise, and pricing merchandise. To learn more about this ministry, contact Priscilla Bertoglio at [email protected].
Church Decorating Committee
Helping in making the church beautiful and appropriate for worship is at the heart of this ministry. Committee members beautify the church for seasonal events with flowers, banners, and decorations. Contact April Thalman at [email protected].
Audio Visual Ministry
Our Sunday worship is enhanced by technology. Our AV team supports our worship by using Pro-Presenter to put songs on screens. Contact Sue Kieny at [email protected] to volunteer.
Prayer Chain Ministry
The Prayer Chain offers members and non-members of PWC the opportunity to request prayer support in times of need. Once a request is made it is sent to our prayer team. If you have special needs or requests, please click on the Prayer tile. If you would like to volunteer to be on the Prayer Team, please contact Deacon Cheryl Armstrong at [email protected].
- Greeters: The goals of the hospitality ministry focus on our desire to make everyone present at the Praise and Worship Center truly feel welcomed, informed, accepted and valued. Hospitality ministers provide visible, tangible proof of our belief in and demonstration of the Praise and Worship Center being a community of love. In a sense, all attendees at PWC are ministers of hospitality. Hospitality ministers also assist in providing refreshments for church events including worship services, adult education classes, funerals and special events. Contact Deacon Cheryl Armstrong at [email protected].
- Readers: God’s word is central to the life of a Christian community. As a reader, proclaim the Word of God at Sunday service. For more information, please contact Terry Bolduc at [email protected].
- Music: We are proud of our music ministry at Praise and Worship. In addition to our Sunday services, we have “seasonal” and “special event” choirs. We also have orchestra instruments at our Sunday service. For more information, contact John Nichols at [email protected].
- Planning: The worship planning ministry is the foundation of our Sunday worship services. Our committed team of pastors, musicians, deacons and church members focus on creating a meaningful worship experience for the Praise & Worship Community, to inspire and draw us all into a deeper relationship with Jesus. For more information, contact Deacon Cheryl Armstrong at [email protected].
Ministry to the Poor
- Once a month we welcome over 30 of our homeless brothers and sisters in providing for them a place to sleep, and provide meals and showers for them. This is done on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Contact Deacon Fred Pratt at [email protected]
- Meals to Grow Program
- Every Wednesday morning from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, volunteers pack over 1500 backpacks that are distributed to students in local schools to provide them with meals on the weekend. This is a joint effort with Matthew’s Crossing Food Bank. Contact Pastor Mark at [email protected]
- Matthew’s Crossing
- PWC volunteers minister at Matthew’s Crossing Food Bank and assist with providing food to needy people and families. PWC has at least two food drives a year supplying food to Matthew’s Crossing. Our “red cabinet” located in our church collects personal items such as laundry soap, toothbrushes, and tooth paste that we take to Matthew’s Crossing when the cabinet is filled. Contact Deacon Chuck at [email protected]
A more vibrant marriage is possible when it is built on a foundation of active faith. Marriage Enrichment is a place where we share real life stories, laughter and practical applications to stay true to the commitment we made to one another. All married couples are welcome to join us on the first Friday of the month, from 6:30 pm-8:00 pm (dinner provided), for a night of fellowship and fun. For more information contact Pastor Mark and Helen Dippre at [email protected].
Pastoral Care of the Sick
- If you are sick, hospitalized or homebound, we encourage you to let us know so we can continue to offer ongoing spiritual support in your time of need. We have a wide list of resources and referrals we can share with you to assist in making some decisions in your healthcare needs.
- Grief Group meets on the first Thursday of every month, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am or by appointment. Grief support groups offer healing through sharing. The group is open to anyone in our community who has experienced a loss through death. There is no fee and sharing takes place in a supportive and confidential environment. Contact Pastor Mark Dippre at [email protected] or Deacon Rich Anlauf at [email protected].
The practice of Contemplative Prayer is both a practice of stillness and a practice of watchfulness or awareness of God. It is the opening of mind and heart – our whole being – to the Ultimate Mystery, beyond thoughts, words and emotions. Contemplation is both deeply personal and at once profoundly communal. We come together regularly – usually on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm to “practice the practice” in unity with God, with one another and with our world. All are welcome, both beginners and seasoned “pray-ers.” If you are looking for a spiritual companion with whom you can share your journey and your own unique experience of the sacred in a safe, conﬁdential and private setting contact Deacon Karen. She is formed and rooted in the Christian Contemplative Tradition as well as having received a Certiﬁcate from the CenterQuest School of Spirit Direction. For more information, contact Deacon Karen Klemens at [email protected].
- The challenge of every adult Christian is to continue to go deeper into the mystery of God’s love. All adults are welcomed and encouraged to attend. At Praise and Worship we offer a variety of educational experiences:
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: 8:45 am – 9:30 am
- Wednesday Night Classes: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Multi-Week Schools (for example: The School of Grace and The School of Love)
- One session topics on various subjects.
For more information, contact Father Dale Fushek at [email protected]
Monthly prayer retreats are held on the fourth Saturday of every Monday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm in Building 4-12. Continental breakfast is served at 9:30 am. The monthly prayer retreats focus on entering into God’s presence through prayer, worship, fellowship, and sharing in the spirit of welcome, mercy, and grace. We create an atmosphere of encouragement, spiritual growth, and recognizing God’s blessings in our lives. Contact Deacon Cheryl Armstrong at [email protected] or Deacon John Null at [email protected].
The PWC Library provides resources that encourage and enrich members of our community in their desire to live a Christian life. The main library contains over 500 books relating to subjects such as faith, spirituality, health and nutrition. Many works are best sellers from well-known authors in the field of Christianity. In addition, there is a section enabling children to choose from stories at their level of comprehension. The library is open before and after each Sunday service. Please stop by and discover the many selections available for the entire family. Books are normally checked out for two weeks and there is no charge. Contact Kathy Coombs at [email protected].